Saturday, July 26, 2008

home from work, finally.

I hate retail. Seriously, never again. Except that yesterday I rang up Shia LaBeouf. I'm not personally that impressed with him, but internally, as I rang up his three t-shirts and jeans and threw away the frozen yogurt container that he asked me to throw away for him, I was totally freaking out. He was wearing a baseball hat and didn't really say much, which I assume was because his face and voice are relatively recognizable. He was just lucky that there wasn't a line for him to wait in when he was ready to make his purchases. And I was just lucky that Mark was already ringing up someone else, and also that I happened to return from whatever I was putting away elsewhere in the store in time to ring him before Mark got to him. Not that Mark even saw him. Anyway, he paid with credit, so even though I KNEW he was Shia LaBeouf, and his credit card SAID he was Shia LaBeouf, I still had to ask to see his ID. Which also confirmed that he was Shia LaBeouf, so I guess that means I was right. He didn't seem hesitant or anything when I asked for his ID, only like he knew what was coming. Whatever. I'm too cool to freak out about famous people I've come into contact with (unless I like what I've seen them in. THAT'S another store altogether).

Then he left and I told Mark that I ran up Shia Lebeouf, and at first he didn't believe me, but then he did. Then we dug out the unfinished yogurt from the trash can, and as we both peered down into the remains of the blueberries and strawberries that remained in the large circular cup, Mark said he was going to save Shia Lebeouf's spoon. I don't know if he actually did, but I swear I saw him wiping it off with a paper towel soon afterward.

So, yeah. I MISS BARNES AND NOBLE LIKE YOU HAVE NO IDEA. I bet they have no idea over there on the other side of the mall, either. ANYWAY, I need to go finish typing stuff up for the Western States Jewish thing that I'm doing.

1 comment:

dapplegreen said...

Amelia, you are so entertaining.
Also, the owrd verification thing looks like "oddsbodikens"...